Double Issue / Thematic Focus: Flusser’s Modernity with contributions by Aaron Jaffe, Cristina Iuli, Polona Tratnik, Rodrigo Martini, Rodrigo Duarte, Daniel Raschke, Annie Goh, Rainer Guldin, Christian Gänshirt, Winfried Nöth, Jessé Antunes Torres, Tom Bieling, Estela Loth Costa, and Víctor Stefan Pires Geuer.
join the Flusser Festival – on site or online
The 2022 Flusser 100+ Festival will take place on and around Vilém’s 102nd birthday, May 12, 2022. This year for the first time we are able to fulfil our plan to hold the festival in Robion, Southern France where Flusser lived from the mid 1970s and wrote his most famous books.
Inspired by Flusser, the festival features international researchers and artists giving presentations, workshops and screenings – streaming live from Robion with online contributions from around the world as we have done since our Flusser centennial celebration in 2020.
Find more info and updates on https://flusser.club/flusser-festival/
last-minute suggestions for contributions
We welcome Flusserians of all ages, disciplines and stages of their research to propose topics, projects, and dialogues for the festival program, also on future festival years.
If you’d like to contribute to the event, please contact email@example.com.
looking forward to hearing from you
There is much more news to come from our side, and exciting developments to discuss at the Festival, but for now, we would like to hear from you. Please send us a note and let us know what you are working on.
In other exciting news, we are happy to announce the launch of Marc Lenot’s FlusserFance website, dedicated to the growing interest in Flusser’s work in the francophone world. Marc will be with us in Robion on May 12th to present the project and give us updates.
The call for the DAAD Flusser Summer School in Robion from May 8-14 is open.
Students are welcome to apply until March 6, 2022.
Find all details at Flusser Summer School.
Save the date for the next Flusser 100+ Festival in Robion on and around 12 May 2022! More news soon.
Along with mailing lists and personal email accounts, a cloud infrastructure is available for collaboration, file and contact sharing.
Log in to the Flusser Club Cloud.
You will then receive your user data for the Nextcloud platform self-hosted by Flusser Club.
Nextcloud is an open-source online collaboration hub to share and work on documents, manage integrated email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and have video chats.
With the hosting change in 2021, the website moves with the wiki.
For Flusser Club members, along with mailing lists and personal email accounts, a cloud infrastructure will be hosted for collaboration, file and contact sharing.
Flusserians from all over the world will come together again to exchange ideas, present projects and engage in dialogue on Vilém Flusser’s birthday, May 12.
You can find the program here: https://flusser.club/flusser-festival-2021
The Flusser 100+ Festival will be online again,
in video call for registered speakers and discussants,
in live stream without registration
also taking questions from the video stream chat.
Last minute registration for the video call is open until Monday, May 10:
If you want to join in the discussions, or need assistance, please join our backchannel on Discord.
The Flusser 100+ Festival is hosted by the Flusser Club,
founded as a dedicated network to keep Vilém Flusser’s work shared, alive and evolving.
May 12, 2020, from noon to midnight CEST commemorating the life and work of Vilém Flusser on his 100th birthday.
- 12:00 – Baruch Gottlieb, Steffi Winkler welcome and introduction EN
- 12:20 – Gehao Zhang lecture EN
- 12:40 – Przemysław Wiatr, lecture EN
- 13:00 – Marc Lenot lecture “this is not the first time a conference in Robion was cancelled” EN
- 13:20 – Discussion EN
- 13:40 – Eva Batlickova, lecture EN
- 14:00 – Sebastian Sierra-Barra, discussion EN
- 14:20 – Polona Tratnik, lecture EN
- 14:40 – Discussion EN
- 15:00 – Katerina Krtilova , Ulrich Richtmeyer discussion EN
- 15:20 – Discussion EN
- 15:40 – Discussion EN
- 16:00 – Miklos Peternak, Laszlo Beke discussion with video EN
- 16:20 – Discussion EN
- 16:40 – P-Node, performance EN/FR
- 17:00- Corinne Russo & Annie Stojanow : Robion hic et nunc FR
- 17:15 – Colette Tron lecture “les gestes”FR
- 17:30 – Marc Partouche, special interview and presentation of his new edition of previously unpublished Flusser texts in French “MUTATIONS DANS LES RELATIONS HUMAINES?” FR
- 17:50 – Discussions FR
- 18:10 – Yves Citton lecture “the virus and the fonctionnaire” EN
- 18:30 – Discussion EN
- 19:00 – Gabriel Philipson, discussion EN
- 19:20 – Aaron Jaffe & co, discussion EN
- 19:50 – Michael Bielicky, http://bielicky.net/ videos EN
- 20:00 – Discussion EN
- 20:20 – Andreas Ströhl, presentation EN
- 20:40 – Discussion EN
- 21:00 – Plenum: Andreas Ströhl, Marc Lenot, Michael Bielicky, Miklos Peternak, Simone Osthoff, Katerina Krtilova, Marcel Rene Marburger, Polona Tratnik, and many more ! moderated by : Baruch Gottlieb, Steffi Winkler EN
including – Gabriel Borba, “the Wind” video performance, dedicated to Vilém Flusser , Discussion EN
- 21:40 – Mario Cascardo, Rachel Cecilia de Oliviera, performance EN, FR
- 22:00 – Erick Felinto, lecture EN
- 22:20 – Discussion EN
- 22:40 – Peter Zhang, lecture EN
- 23:00 – Simone Osthoff, lecture EN
- 23:20 – discussion EN
- 23:00 – P-Node, performance EN